Friday, November 7, 2008

YES WE CAN AND WE DID!!!

Ok, so I know I'm a little late with this one but better late than never right? Right! Anyway, WE DID IT!!! Barack is officially our President. I can't even begin to put my emotions into words, so I'll keep this short. It was around 11:15, 11:30pm Nov. 4th when I heard the news. It took a minute to process that Barack Obama had won the election. That was the single greatest feeling of my life thus far. For years I've felt like our generation was lacking something major and here it is! Hopefully, this will be just the beginning of not only a new sense of self worth and confidence for black people, but to all people who ever doubted themselves. I'll stop here because I could actually go on for days and I feel that lump in my throat again. PEACE! Oh yea, and don't ever let anybody tell you your not capable of reaching ur goals. I'm still struggling with that one myself.

Before the day I die, imma touch the sky!
- Mr. West (Kanye, that is)

No comments: