I asked my girl Lee to write about her experience in her new interior design class. I thought it would be interesting, to hear about a young woman, doing something that she loves, in addition to her everyday career so here goes... ENJOY!
One of my many loves in life includes Interior Design. I’ve had the pleasure of dibbling and dabbling in it designing my own home and putting my 2 cents in with family and friends. I’ve never had any official training in the field, its just something I love to do. My grandmother was a seamstress and taught me how to sew and measure at an early age. I think my love for sewing, color and patterns grew from there. Although I don’t remember half the things she taught me, I’ve maintained pretty well.
So…I recently decided to take this Interior design stuff on an official level to get a real taste for it. I enrolled in a course a month or so ago to see what its really about. Tonight I took my first lick, and mmm, mmm good! It tasted exactly how I imagined! Lol. This is the first class so it’s just the basics. We learned color schemes, tones, and shades. We introduced ourselves, explained our styles or how we perceived them. The professor asked us to bring 10-15 magazine clippings of things we like; objects, shapes, colors, anything. During class she did a “tarot” reading of sorts. She looked at our clippings and determined our style. I forgot everything she said about me, but she said I’m formal, but contemporary. Which I think I am. She also said I like don’t like hard shapes, I like softness and curves. I said “that’s me!” and gave her a little wiggle. She and the other students laughed.(I figured I’d give them a little taste of me early, you know?)
During the duration of the class we’re going to design/ draw a room lay out, learn furniture placement, color schemes, and visit a showroom. I’m excited to learn more! And to think, I almost didn’t make it to the first class. The weather was bad and the building wasn’t clearly numbered! I had to=2 0tell the devil to leave me alone twice! He listened!
Rain
5 years ago
1 comment:
Love the blog, come visit sometimes.
http://popwife.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment